Thursday, November 15, 2012

Her Pillow, Her Comfort

In my childhood years, I have my comfort object - my very own orange blanket. I am maybe over-dramatic if I'd say that I cannot sleep without it then. Fortunately for me, I learn to let go of it since the blanket was burned together with our house.

My hubby has a comfort object too, he needs a rough blanket for his feet to be comforted with. I tell you, he can't also sleep without it. Before he found the right blanket for him, he used mosquito nets. Unfortunately for him, he was never able to let go of it.

Seems like our little Honey inherits this traits from us as she has her own comfort object - her pillow (aside from her "Winnie the Pooh" bear stuff toy). She named it "Unlani" (it means "My Pillow"). She starts to cling in it when she was 11 months old. It is with her all day long - first thing to pick up after bath, with her when she's taking a nap, holds to it when playing with his papa. 
When she's on vacation. Her pillow ranks first on her checklist.

Today, she is 6 yrs and 9 months old and so is her pillow which is still with her. Though the pillow seems no longer looks one... :-D, it still holds special value for her. I even suggested to replace it with a new one but she refuses it. Till now, her Unlani is still her comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We had a chance for a staycation at Kandaya Resort. It was when travel restrictions were lifted and we completed our vaccination. Located at...