Tuesday, February 10, 2015

My first attempt on making Hello Kitty Cake and Cupcakes

I love baking and decorating stuff.
I am grateful for everyone who share their cakes and cupcake creations in the net.
One of my favorites are Michelle's creation of i-heart-baking
Her creations are simple yet beautifully crafted.
Awesome! is the word.
And then there's Aikko of Bake Happy
We live in the same country and she uses products locally available
More importantly, she shares her recipe. Isn't it amazing?!

So when a friend requested for a hello kitty cake and cupcakes.
I go through Michelle and Aiko's blog for help and inspiration.

Here are my first attempt of making Hello Kitty cake and cupcakes:

Cake's flavor is moist chocolate with cream cheese buttercream frosting (which becomes runny).

I made carrot cupcake with cream cheese buttercream frosting. Notice the different shades of frosting, I made two batches, the first one is runny, the second one curdles :(
I also made chocolate cupcake with chocolate ganache which I think turn out good.
I know they are not close to perfection yet I hope the birthday girl would still be delighted seeing Hello Kitty in her cake and cupcakes.

To Michelle and Aikko
Thank you for sharing your creations and recipes.

9 comments:

  1. Looks yummy and nice for a first timer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Practice makes perfect! besides, I'm pretty sure that your carrot cupcakes will be the bomb.. and it looks pretty nice even if the icing curdled. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome for a first attempt! Keep at it mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Not bad for a first-timer! I love the colors! The mix of pink is brown is just so lovely! Can you please post your recipe for the ganache? Thank! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so yummy! You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great :) I love baking too but I don't have the knack for decorating it since I'm not that artistic. Haha! Good job momma!

    ReplyDelete
  7. good job! and thanks for linking to me! :) sorry to hear the cream cheese buttercream got so runny for you. to get a stiffer frosting you can always put the frosting in the fridge for an hour or so and then re-whip, hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Ajinomoto's 7-Day Menu Plan

Ajinomoto Philippines Corporation (APC) introduced “Mag-Pinggang Pinoy® Tayo 7-day Menu Challenge” as a way to encourage homemakers to ser...