Thursday, April 9, 2015

​Last Week of Lent​ 2015

We didn't go hometown for reasons. No plans for out of town either.
La familia just stay home​ for a chance to:

Relax:

For a working mom like me who works 9.6 hrs in a day for 5 days a week, lent season being a holiday here in Philippines is a big opportunity​ for me to loosen my grip from office tasks and deadlines. Spending time at home with kids is a sure way to relax. 
Ohh, just forget the mess they create, thats the fun part! :)

Reflect:

A chance for me to look back past. Having to watched the movie Ten Commandments again made me realize how amazing God's love for His people and how people (even from earlier years) tend to forget God's goodness in times of difficulty and instead whine. I am reminded to pray God and ask for His comfort instead of worrying and complaining.

Reconnect:

In remembrance to Jesus' suffering, we abstain from eating favorite meals and instead eat binignit (rice porridge with crops and fruits and coconut milk) and everyone help in making it. The time we remember God giving up His son Jesus for the love of the world, for the salvation of everyone through the "Way of the Cross".  The "Way of the Cross" tells Jesus' sacrifices for us from the time Jesus was praying in the Garden of Gethsemane until He died and His body is laid to His tomb. We follow Jesus' path through Visita Iglesia.

Renew:

Day of Thanksgiving as we remember Jesus' resurrection.
Been fueled up. Body and Spirit.
New beginning indeed.
An assurance.
A hope.
He is Risen!
Matthew 28:1-10


Wonderful week for us. Hope you have one too.

21 comments:

  1. There are times talaga that you don't need to go out to relax, reflect and to renew yourself noh? Most of the time mas gusto ko sa bahay lang din with my husband and daughter. Mas feel ko yung pagiging family namin kapag ganun then we will just do some activities together o kaya kilitian maghapon. It's priceless. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally priceless mommy Krisna! A time to get to know them more :)

      Delete
  2. We didn't go out of town, too, we wanted to avoid the heavy traffic. But like you, we enjoyed our staycation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that sometimes it's just best to relax at home with the family. My husband works long hours and comes home exhausted. So we usually just spend the holidays at home or at a nearby park. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't go out of town during lent talaga, kasi as Catholics this is supposed to be a time for reflection and repentance :) and yes, relaxing at home is great too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post mommy :) Just like you, di rin kami umalis ng family ko. We just attended the sunday mass, and kumain lang sa labas sandali then uwi na. ♥
    During holy week, i have work din kasi , too bad di nakapag nilay nilay talaga ng todo. sigh

    ReplyDelete
  6. We never go out on Holy Week. We just stay at home, bond with the kids and take some time to organize things in the house :) But the traditional Visita Iglesia is still there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. holy week really is the best time of the year to stay in manila to bond w your family )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't go out often unless there's really a special occasion. I feel better staying at home and I can do whatever I want whenever I want. I can only think and reflect deeply when I'm at home. I get distracted easily when I'm outside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My family also took this time to relax and reflect at home. Not just to avoid traffic, but also to focus on Jesus - the real reason why we're celebrating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I attended a Lenten recollection at Alabang last holy week. I love to stay on Metro Manila during this time kasi walang traffic.. pwede mag stay sa gitna ng daan :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We didn't go anywhere also, which had me thinking of ways on how to keep the kids preoccupied hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nyaaaam - binignit! Hahaha. And hey, that's my alma mater right next to the church, Balot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it taste good Pam coz it was immediately consumed... char!

      Delete
  13. Spending time at home with your loved ones is really the best way to relax and reflect. God bless your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's nice to know you had a nice Holy Week. Our family also stayed home and reflected.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My family stayed at home too for the lent season and my mom prepared binignit din! hehe A great time indeed to relax, reflect, reconnect, and renew! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's good to read that many families still prefer to stay at home, go to church, and reflect with the kids.

    ReplyDelete

Ajinomoto's 7-Day Menu Plan

Ajinomoto Philippines Corporation (APC) introduced “Mag-Pinggang Pinoy® Tayo 7-day Menu Challenge” as a way to encourage homemakers to ser...